1. A candidate for appointment to the above posts must be:- (a) a citizen of India; (b) not less than 18 years of age and not more than 30 years of age as on 19th October, 2016. However, in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes, the upper age-limit relaxation shall be the same as prescribed by the Government of Sikkim for entry into similar posts for such candidates.
2. Candidates fulfilling the above conditions may apply for the post along with supporting documents, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer and 3(three) recent passport size photographs, to the undersigned. Applications received without supporting documents and photographs will be summarily rejected. Candidates are also required to mention their proper address and mobile/contact numbers in their applications.
3. The last date for receipt of applications is 19th October, 2016.
4. Applications received after the last date i.e., 19th October, 2016 shall not be entertained on any ground.
5. Those who are already in Government service shall apply through proper channel.
6. Candidates found eligible on preliminary scrutiny of the applications shall be issued admit cards for appearing in the interview/selection test. The list of names of candidates found eligible will be displayed on the website and the Notice Board of the High Court of Sikkim and/or the eligible candidates will be intimated through SMS in their mobile numbers mentioned in their applications along with the details of the interview/selection test.
7. Admit cards to the candidates found eligible on preliminary scrutiny will be issued from the office of Assistant Registrar (Estt.) from 26th October to 29th October, 2016 between 10:30 a.m. and 04:00 p.m.
8. The examinations for the above vacant posts will be held in the following manner:- a) For the posts at Sl. No. 1 & 2, examination will be held in two phases:- (1) Written Examination and (2) Viva-Voce. Candidates who qualify in the written examination by securing an aggregate of 40% marks will be selected and called for vivavoce. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the written as well as in viva-voce. b) For the post at Sl. No. 3, examination will be held in three phases:- (1) Written Examination, (2) Practical Examination (Shorthand, Typing and Computer Application) and (3) Viva-Voce. Candidates who qualify in the written examination will be selected and called for Practical Examination (Shorthand, Typing and Computer Application) as the case may be and the candidates who qualify both in (1) and (2) will be called for vivavoce. Final selection will be made on the basis of combined marks secured by the candidates in (1), (2) and (3) above.
9. The Registry of the High Court of Sikkim reserves the right to accept or reject any application, with or without assigning any reason.
10. Please note that no separate calling letters will be issued to the eligible candidates for the written test/interview.
11. Candidates who qualify in the Written Examination for the post of Private Secretary may bring their own laptops, if any, for Practical Examination.
12. No T.A./D.A. shall be paid for appearing in the interview/selection test.